There can be no doubt that right here, right now, we are in a gigantic spiritual battle. The forces of evil are at every side and in every corner of the world. The two sides are colliding in a “pre” armegedon battle. Let us look into this current battle.
Our brother Apostle Paul states, “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realm” (Eph. 6:12). How true that is! Unseen powers are behind the scenes, lest they be exposed, to thwart the work of God.
And how does the evil ones use their cunning and power? Through human agents. And what would be the most deceptive way to deceive the people? Through religious people. For they are the ones the masses look to for guidance and help are they not? So once the devils have the religious ones walking an unholy walk before the Lord, meaning not paying attention to their sins and ignoring them, then that’s the perfect person they can use. Subversion at its Satanic best!
Once the devils, led by the master planning deceiver, Satan, take hold of the leaders in our churches they have an effective blockcade as it were, to stop the real light from the Lord from reaching the people! Let’s read spot on words from brother Houteff concerning this. Speaking of the folly of consulting a mininster, elder, or any other, before taking up a study into purported truths from the Lord, he says
“And if we had consulted the ministers of our respective former denominations and accepted their counsel, how many of us would have become Seventh-day Adventists? The overall answer is, “Not one of us.” Such has been the fate of all who have followed the decisions of uninspired men against inspired men of God. Men of piety, men deeply rooted in their religion, as were the priests and rabbis in Christ’s day, have been the most successful in keeping away the light of God from the people. This is a fact that no one should ever forget or neglect to give consideration to.
Moreover, since our personal rights of investigating truths purported to be sent from God, without the interference of our former ministers, took us out of the churches which are mindful only of past truths, and brought us into the Advent present Truth some years ago, should we now surrender these rights and become spiritually dependent on others to tell us what is Truth and what is error?
Why judge ourselves spiritual invalids rather than full grown Christians? And why take the ministers’ word now against advanced purported inspired present Truth, if such a step previously taken would have been disastrous, would have cheated us from accepting the Advent Truth? Is it not true that if we would let others think for us, we might be cheated as badly as were the Jewish common people cheated by the priests and rabbis in Christ’s day? (Tract no.15, p. 1-2)
When I was a youngster, I had the privilege of being a bat boy for the San Diego Padres professional baseball team(age 16-18). This I did for about 3 years, then at the age of 19 I was promoted to assistant equipment manager. The job involved me helping to have all the equipment ready for the players. The shoes, the gloves, the bats, the uniforms, the food, the drinks, and many other necessities.
So I had a hands on experience in equipping our team to go to ‘battle” to beat the enemy. And once they had all the equipment ready and useful, then they could fight the battle against the opposition (the opposing team). The same applies to us today. We need useful equipment to fight the enemy (Satan and his devils).
So what I would like to do this week is give you some good solid “equipment” to help you win this battle for souls today. Maybe even your own soul, if you may be stuck in the prevalent Laodicean , self satisfied, contentment of being “rich and increased with goods, and have need of nothing” (Rev.3:17).
Here’s some very useful sites and links.
1) Esword. This is a great Hebrew/Greek Bible site. It’s free and a must for all serious Bible students. http://www.e-sword.net/
2) Elijah message site. It has much present truth that our Lord has for us today. It behooves us to seriously study this message, as it’s message, if obeyed, will enable us to stand in the “great and dreadful day of the Lord” and be sealed. www.sighandcry777.wordpress.com
I would highly suggest these present truth videos. Sometimes people would rather listen and watch studies as opposed to reading them. Here’s your answer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Rfa4MhzqwxI (there are 32 videos to watch and learn. The speaker is Jimmy Kakouri, a gifted Elijah messenger.
3) The Answerer book. This is a series of volumes that contains about 165 questions and answers on the Elijah message. Brother Houteff was asked many, many hard and thought provoking questions from both friend and foe. In fact many tried to stump him or confuse him, yet as you’ll read, the answers are nothing short of divine. Just like sister Ellen White, he only had a minimal grade school education (4th grade).
4) Free Cd’s and DVD’s of present truth and the Elijah message.
email@example.com Free Cd’s and DVD’s of same in spanish.
5) The whole Shepherd”s Rod message with one click. You can read it all here. The “Timely Greetings” sermon addresses by brother Houteff. The “Jezreel Letters”. The “Symbolic News codes”, which were mostly reports during the early days of the Elijah message and the progress and some Q & A (very interesting reports). The 15 “Tracts”, which were small booklets of different areas of prophecy. And more.
So this is the place for any who would like to read about the Elijah message in total. If you are a doubter or skeptic, by all means look them over and try to find error and bring it to our attention. Believe me, thousands have tried over the years, and as EGW said “sit down as Christians and investigate the position presented in the light of God’s word, which will reveal truth and unmask error.” (Test. to Min. p.106-107). Truth will stand close scrutiny, it shall not be afraid.
6) The Davidian vs. Branch Davidian confusion. This is so misunderstood. Because of the Waco disaster many people still falsely believe that “any” Davidian is a Branch Davidian. In other words, they all subscribe to the fanatic beliefs of the likes of David Koresh and gang. Nothing could be further from the truth. Here is the link that will help clear the confusion. http://shepherdsroddavidian.org/Downloads/True%20Davidians%20Versus%20Branch%20Davidians.pdf
7) God’s storehouses. As we are well aware our Lord made a promise to us. We’d be blessed if we’d “Bring all the tithes into the storehouse” (Mal.3:10) That being said, we must be certain that we give our tithes to His “storehouse”. Which we explained in a prior post is where His present truth is dispersed (meat in due season). Here are some storehouses today you may consider, to receive that blessing.
In closing, we must know for certain that there is only one message that shakes the devils to their core, the Lord’s last–The Elijah message. Let us now quote a message from brother Houteff.
“However, I would remind you, Brethren, that no prophet of God has ever been welcomed by the church. On the contrary, each in his time was rejected, abused, and most of them were martyred by the ones to whom they were sent — the very ones who were supposed to be serving God! Indeed, the Lord Himself paid the same price. For this very reason we must remember that when the last prophet comes he will have the greatest opposition to meet, for Satan well knows that if he loses now, he loses forever. What makes Elijah’s work especially hard is that Christendom has long been drilled in the idea that no prophet is to come, that there is no necessity for one, that it has enough revealed Truth to carry it inside the Pearly Gates.
“It is therefore only to be expected that the predicted Elijah will be denounced as a false prophet, perhaps even as the anti-Christ, offshoot, or what not.
Moreover, the old Devil has already put all his forces to work, piping pleasing tunes to lure Truth seekers to climb aboard his golden bandwagon. Its glittering tinsel of truth is already beguiling many with his wares while his captains and generals are to the top of their voices shouting their “Hallelujahs,” “Holy Ghost,” “gift of healing,” “gift of tongues,” “gift of miracles,” and all the rest, although the entire fanfare is devoid even of a spark of life. Every wind of doctrine will be blowing, false revivals and reformations will be at their peak. Everything that can be done will be done to distort the Truth and thus distract and dishearten believers and draw their attention to something other than the message of Elijah.
Thus will be the Devil’s deal while the day of God is approaching, and while Elijah is making the announcement of it as the scroll unrolls and while the prophecies concerning the day of God are being unsealed. His work and his interpretation of the prophecies for the great day will identify him as the promised Elijah the prophet (“Testimonies to Ministers,” p. 475), and this will enrage the Devil as never before. Nevertheless, one’s only safety will be in the teaching of Elijah, for there will be no other voice of timely Truth and authority to whom one may turn. Any others will lead their victims blind-folded into perdition.” (General Conference Special, p.6-8)
“Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord. And he will turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the earth with a curse.” (Mal.4:5-6)